Set in a variety of inspiring locales and magical resorts, wellness is indeed the theme. Be it open air, volcanic mud and/or organic food, each of these destinations allows visitors the opportunity to breathe deep, to commit to a deeper sense of wellbeing, and to experience nature in all its glory.
1. Arenal Volcano
2. Santa Teresa Beach
3. San José
Arenal Volcano accommodations: Tabacon Resort and Spa – 4 nights
- What makes this award-winning spa and thermal resort so special? 1) The water: volcanic-heated waters cascade to form waterfalls, streams, pools and ponds. 2) The ingredients: volcanic mud, thermal waters. 3) The location: all body treatments are conducted in open-air bungalows, and 4) The spirit: the Tabacon massage and treatments are designed to work holistically with the body’s flow of vital energy. Various packages are designed to answer to visitors’ specific needs.
Santa Teresa Beach accommodations: Latitude 10 – 4 nights
- Originally constructed as a private home, this five-acre beachfront boutique hotel consists of five open-air casitas that are just steps away from the shoreline. While each stand-alone casita has been built with the concept of harmony with nature in mind (including the outdoor showers), there is a single communal house for eating, drinking and socializing. Latitude 10 is a wholly uncommon resort experience.
San José accommodations: Xandari Resort and Spa – 2 nights
- This spacious 24-villa property is set in the lush gardens of a 40-acre plantation, on a ridge overlooking the Central Valley. Tropical colors and contemporary designs make a dramatic statement. Of particular appeal is Xandari’s spa with its array of treatments, its natural ingredients, and its open-air jacuzzi setting. Food choices echo the health ethos of Xandari, emphasizing fresh farm-to-table meals that incorporate the resort’s own home-grown produce.
*Price per person based on high season tariffs & double occupancy starting at $3.113.00
*Prices based on hotel and private ground transportation (*Note: Prices do not include activities)
Activities in Arenal:
- Canyoning/Waterfall Rappelling
- Whitewater Rafting
- Arenal Volcano Hike with dinner & hot springs
- Canopy/Ziplining Tour
- Arenal Hanging Bridges Tour
- Costa Rican Cooking Class
Activities in Santa Teresa:
- Horseback Riding
- ATV Tours??
Activities at Xandari Resort and Spa:
- Guides Nature Tours
- Orchid House